HEC Scholarships from CRBC China for Masters at SEU announced apply now. China Road and Bridge Corporation (CRBC), Peoples Republic of China, one of the four large-scale, state-owned companies in China who pioneered the international construction market, mainly focusing on contracting of roads, bridges, ports, railways, airports, tunnels etc. has offered fully funded scholarships for Pakistani students to study Master’s degree programme in Southeast University, China.
South East University China
Southeast University is one of the Higher Education Institution first established in China which is key university of nationwide directly administered by the Central Government and subordinated to Ministry of Education, and is among the famed eight construction universities, first rank in national key discipline of traffic engineering in China
Background of the HEC Scholarships from CRBC China for Masters at SEU Programme
China Road and Bridge Corporation (CRBC), cooperating with Southeast University of China (SEU), is planning to carry out the admission program of Master of Engineering for “China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC)” integrated transportation in Pakistan. The admission is financed completely by CRBC and the South East University China is delegated to implement the lectures on behalf of CRBC that is custom designed for the officers working in Pakistan Government, especially the officers managing CPEC projects and currently working in and under relevant Ministries. In addition, the management staff of relevant organizations, the outstanding graduates of Universities and technical experts of Scientific Research Institutions recommended by the concerned Ministries can also benefit from the program, the program is aimed at train the policy maker and performer who possesses global strategy and sustainable development vision for regional communication and transportation, and train the advanced manager and high-end technical personnel for modern transportation industry.
HEC Scholarships from CRBC China for Masters at SEU Programmes offered
The scholarships will be offered for Master Degree in Transportation Engineering. The Master program shall be of two years (one year for course learning and one year for thesis writing & internship) including the module like course, seminar, visit and investigation, internship and thesis writing and so on. Students shall complete the compulsory and optional courses in the first year, and the thesis writing and defense in the second year. The master of engineering certificate (transportation engineering field) will be awarded after completing the required courses and passing the thesis defense.
Details of sub-fields of specialization within the School of Transportation is available at the website:
HEC Scholarships from CRBC China for Masters at SEU FINANCIAL COVERAGE
The Scholarship will sponsor up to 30 students who meets the admission criteria for the Master’s degree programs, starting from the entering cohort of fall 2018.
The Scholarship will cover the following:
- the tuition,
- return airfare and
- Living stipend (standard to be decided by CRBC/funding partner) for all Pakistani awardees. Please note that the living expenses standard shall be decided by CRBC as per the actual situation, the expenses exceeding the standard during the study in China shall be borne by students.
Duration of the HEC Scholarships from CRBC China for Masters at SEU
The duration of the Scholarship Program is valid for maximum two academic years for the period of 2018 to 2020 starting from fall 2018.
HEC Scholarships from CRBC China for Masters at SEU ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
The admission is open for the officers of Pakistan Government, especially the officers working in and under Federal Ministries and Provincial Government such as Ministry of Communication, Planning Development & Reform, Water & Power, Railways, the management and technical staff of relevant organization; the outstanding graduates of Universities and the technical experts of Scientific Research Institutions. Basic requirements are as follow:
- Applicant must be citizen of Pakistan/AJK
- Must have completed 16 years Bachelors of Engineering Degree for application to Master’s Program. NO Third division is allowed and only one second division is allowed throughout the academic carrier but NOT in the terminal degree.
- Must have valid registration as Registered/Professional Engineer with Pakistan Engineering Council.
- Less than 40 years old with good health (on last date of closing of application)
- Applicants must obtain and submit to HEC a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from his/her employer
- Must fill all the fields of HEC application form (Online) and no column or field should be left unfilled. All applicants must fulfil the basic eligibility requirements of CRBC China
- Holding degree of Bachelor of Engineering (04 years degree in relevant field)
- Minimum 02 years of professional working experience in the similar sector (including infrastructure like transportation, highway, railway and water & power etc.), applicant who possesses the similar study and working experience with the applied program shall be considered in priority;
- Fluent English speaking capability. IELTS/TOEFL scores as required, where applicable.
- Applicants must have career development potential in this sector and intent to promote the friendly cooperation between Pakistan and China.
- Certificates/Transcript/Degrees to be attached must be attested by the attesting authorities such as IBCC and HEC. Equivalence of O & A level is mandatory by IBCC.
- The applicant must provide Health certificate with his application (not older than 03 months).
- All applicants must fulfil other requirements set by concerned university/funding body.
HOW TO APPLY for HEC Scholarships from CRBC China for Masters at SEU
- Submit the online HEC application form available at HEC website and get its printed copy and attach the payment receipt of Rs.300/- with HEC Application form only. All payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online facility. This facility is available in all branches of Habib Bank Ltd. A separate bank Account No. 17427900133401 at HBL, H-9 Branch Islamabad is being maintained for online transfer of fee to HEC.
- Application forms must be duly completed and endorsed by the employer/relevant heads of departments/divisions/institutions, whichever applicable
- Applicants are required to also submit police clearance certificate along with their application dossiers
- Three (03) sets of HEC Application Form (printed copy) is to be sent with online fee receipt (Original) along with relevant documents mentioned above.
- Application Sets should be sent in Spiral Binding only. The Applications which are not in Spiral Binding will not be accepted.
- Each Application set should be separate. Application sets should not be binded/attached together. By-hand or incomplete applications or those received after the deadline shall NOT be entertained in any case. Applicants have to ensure that their application package, complete in all respects, must reach
Kindly note that HEC is the authorized agency who would send nominations from Pakistan. In this regard decision of HEC will be final and binding. Last Date for receipt of application through courier in HEC is on or before July 02, 2018.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Notwithstanding the HEC’s responsibilities and rights, CRBC has the final right to select/reject the candidates for the scholarship program.
- HEC will obligate its awardees for full duration of their stay in Southeast University, China to strictly follow the Law of China, and their regulations pertaining to the implementation of the Masters programme, including the decisions of CRBC on placement, academic supervision, disbursement of scholarships (stipend etc.).
- HEC will bind its awardees to fully meet CRBC requirements with regard to timely reporting of address changes, study progress, illness, leave of absence and any other matter that CRBC needs to be informed of in order to ensure its continuous assistance to both the HEC and the students themselves.
- Upon a well-founded request from CRBC (e.g. because of unsatisfactory study progress, serious misconduct, or offending against CRBC regulations or Chinese Law) the HEC will drop awardees/scholarship will be cancelled and summon them back to Pakistan.
- HEC may conduct written test and interviews for shortlisting of applicants
- A joint committee for selection of the CRBC scholarship candidates will be established. This selection committee will consist of the faculty of College of International Students (CIS) of Southeast University, China, and representatives of HEC and CRBC.
- Applicants must note that in case of final selection, they will have to sign and execute a deed of Agreement and Surety bond with HEC on Rs.100 stamp paper duly attested by Notary public and First Class Magistrate to complete the MS degree within stipulated time as well as to immediately return back to Pakistan after completion of studies in China, to serve the country for a period as specified by HEC. In case of failure to successfully complete the MS program or in case candidate does not immediately return back to Pakistan after completion of degree, scholar/awardee or his/her guarantor shall be liable to pay back to HEC/funding agency the total amount spent on his/her studies abroad including tuition fees, stipend paid, air travel expenses and any other associated costs including 25% penalty as decided by the HEC authorities.
- All applicants must also note that, in case of final selection, if a candidate fails to avail the scholarship opportunity or withdraws him/herself from the program, he/she will be banned from future HEC/Government of Pakistan scholarships for a period of 3-5 years or as specified by HEC authorities.
- During the course of degree program, no candidate will be allowed to leave China without obtaining prior permission in written from HEC mentioning therewith particular reason(s) for leaving the host country. The same practice shall apply during semester breaks. Any visit outside the host country during the course of studies, either for academic or other reasons, without obtaining prior permission from HEC shall be treated as illegal which may lead to termination of scholarship and . The decision by HEC in that case, shall be final and binding.
HEC Scholarships from CRBC China for Masters at SEU DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
The complete application dossiers will include the following:
- Two certified copies of applicant and father’s CNIC
- Two certified copies of Passport
- Two certified copies of Domicile
- English language certificate/IELTS/TOEFL etc.
- Two IBCC and HEC attested/certified copies of academic qualification, from matric onwards.
- Two certified copies of Under graduation certificate/Degree and transcript each (04 years bachelor’s Degree in relevant field)
- Two attested copies of valid registration with Pakistan Engineering Council Islamabad
- Two recommendation letters in original
- Two recent passport size photographs.
- Two copies of applicants statement of purpose
- Physical examination report within 6 months
- Detailed CV of the candidate.
- Original health/fitness certificate not older than 03 months should be provided with application documents.
- Please note that all applications are subject to CRBC normal academic and admission requirements and processes.
- Certified English Translations of supporting documents (i.e. certificates, testimonials, transcripts) must be submitted for documents that are not in English.
- Applications which are not containing any of the documents mentioned above or mentioned on CRBC website will not be entertained.
- All incomplete applications or those received after deadline/by hand applications will not be entertained.
Director HRD/ In-charge Learning Opportunities Abroad (LOA)
HRD Division, Higher Education Commission
Sector H-8, Islamabad
E-mail: [email protected]