HEC IDB Merit Scholarships Programme for Ph.D. and Post Doc are open apply now. The objective of the programme is to develop technically qualified human resources in the IDB member countries by providing scholarships to promising and outstanding scholars and researchers to undertake advanced studies and research in the fields of applied science and technology needed for the development of the member countries.
The Programme is designed to help promising research students to pursue a full-time three-year Ph.D. study in scientific disciplines that enhance development in IDB member countries, with priority to Sustainable Agricultural, Education for Sustainable Development, Climate Change, Energy, Sustainable Cities, Responsible Growth, Waste Management, Population Growth, Green Chemistry, Biodiversity, Plastic Pollution and Micro Plastics, Water and Hygiene, Health, ICT for Development, Innovation & Infrastructure Development, Islamic Economics, Finance & Banking, and Development related Social Sciences. The Programme is also designed to help researchers to undertake a six-twelve month specific innovative post-doctoral research project to address a problem-solving matter in member countries on the above-mentioned fields of study.
HEC IDB Merit Scholarships Programme for PhD and Post Doc BENEFITS:
The scholarship covers the following benefits and entitlements:
- All academic expenses
- Living allowances on the single status basis
- Health Insurance
- Round trip air-tickets to and from a place of study
HEC IDB Merit Scholarships Programme for PhD and Post Doc ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To be eligible for the scholarship, the applicant must meet the following basic criteria:
- Age not over (a) 35 years for Ph.D. study, and (b) 40 years for Post-Doctoral research on or before the deadline;
- Attached to a research/academic/development institution in science and technology in their respective country;
- Must possess the required academic background in the related field of their proposed study/research and have some professional/research experience in the respective field;
- Demonstrate that the research proposal has scientific and technological relevance with the objective of meeting the priority development needs of the country;
- Have good command of the language of the institution of study and the ability to conduct scientific work in it.
FIELD OF STUDY:
The Programme is designed to help promising research students to pursue a full-time three-year Ph.D. study in scientific disciplines that enhance development in IDB member countries in following fields of study;
Sustainable Agricultural, Education for Sustainable Development, Climate Change, Energy, Sustainable Cities, Responsible Growth, Waste Management, Population Growth, Green Chemistry, Biodiversity, Plastic Pollution and Micro Plastics, Water and Hygiene, Health, ICT for Development, Innovation & Infrastructure Development, Islamic Economics, Finance & Banking, and Development related Social Sciences.
The Programme is also designed to help researchers to undertake a six-twelve month specific innovative post-doctoral research project to address a problem-solving matter in member countries on the above-mentioned fields of study.
PLACE OF STUDY:
The successful candidate for the Ph.D. programme must secure admission at one of the renowned universities listed in the Times Higher Education Supplement (THES). Please visit the website: http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/world-university-rankings Priority shall be given to those Ph.D. applicants who have secured admission at universities that have concluded a cooperation agreement with the IDB such as University of Cambridge, University of Birmingham, University College London and Imperial College London in the UK, Queen Marry University of London, Copenhagen University in Denmark, Princeton University in USA and KAUST in Saudi Arabia and McGill University in Canada.
The successful candidates for Post-doctoral research are invited to undertake their research project at Research Centres of Excellence which have the facilities and equipment to undertake cutting-edge research projects, both in IDB member countries as well as in advanced countries.
HOW TO APPLY for HEC IDB Merit Scholarships Programme for PhD and Post Doc
The applications must be submitted through the HEC. HEC will forward the eligible applications to the IDB. Applications sent directly to the IDB will not be considered.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR Ph.D. AND POST-DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP:
- Apply online at HEC website: http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/loa. After registering and filling your profile, please select “Learning Opportunities Abroad” under “Scholarship and Grant” menu in the left-hand side panel of the online portal. After submission of the application, get its printed copy to be signed & stamped by the employer. Attach deposit slip of Rs. 500/- (in original) through HEC online Account No. 17427900133401 in HBL, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, H-9, Islamabad (no other documents to be attached with HEC application form except a deposit slip). All payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online facility. This facility is available in all branches of Habib Bank Ltd.
- Download the application form for Ph.D. Applica tion PhD Form OR application form for Post Doc ApplicationPostDoc.pdf
- Fill the same application forms and make two sets of printed online application forms (Ph.D. or Post-Doctoral) (one original and 01 photocopies) along-with research proposal/abstract in spiral binding (02 sets of application one each in a separate spiral binding).
- Print HEC online application form (one set) already submitted through HEC e-portal and attach bank deposit slip only with HEC application form.
HEC IDB Merit Scholarships Programme for PhD and Post Doc Selection Procedure:
All the applications nominated by HEC will have to go through the following process before final award:
- Screening by the IDB Governor’s Office to forward to IDB the most eligible applications;
- In-house review at the IDB;
- Scientific and technical evaluation of eligible applications by a panel of external reviewers composed of scientists and experts in their fields.
- Final selection by the IDB.
FOR FURTHER QUERIES:
Please visit the below mentioned IDB scholarship website for more information.
- IDB does not accept direct applications. All nominations from Pakistan will be routed via HEC.
- HEC endorses equal opportunity, however, females are encouraged to apply.
- At the time of applying, no educational document be attached except research proposal/abstract, hard copies of application forms and bank deposit slip. These documents mentioned above will not be returned whether the application is successful or not.
- HEC will shortlist eligible applicants on the basis of selection criteria, highest academic merit, and the number of scholarship slots allocated for Pakistani students.
- Incomplete applications or applications received after due date will NOT be accepted. The recommendation of nominating agency i.e. HEC will be final and binding.
- Please note that HEC has facilitation role in the nomination process, as the final selection will be made by the donor country. Further, HEC will have no financial liability regarding this scholarship.
- In case of submitting false information at any stage, HEC will reserve all rights to cancel and debar for all future scholarships as well as impose a penalty, as decided by HEC.
Please send two sets of IDB application forms along-with research proposal/abstract in Spiral binding and one copy of HEC application form with bank deposit slip (in original) separately without spiral binding on or before 12th February 2018 on the address given below at Contact details:
In-charge IDB Scholarship Programme
HRD Division, Higher Education Commission
Sector H-9, Islamabad.
E-mail: [email protected];