HEC Commonwealth Scholarship in UK, Apply NOW
HEC Commonwealth Scholarship in UK are open apply now. Dear All Applications are open to apply for the HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2019 Pakistan. This is a Very Big & very famous Scholarship. Commonwealth Scholarship Pakistan is Fully funded Scholarship. Commonwealth Masters Scholarships are for candidates from low and middle-income Commonwealth countries, for full-time Master’s study at a UK university.
At Last HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2019 General Masters & Ph.D. Scholarships UK, Nominations by HEC is now On for applications. Yes, for Ph.D. also in almost every field. Result awaiting Students cannot apply for it. IELTS / TOEFL or GRE is not required. IELTS will be required if you get nominated and selected by Commonwealth as well
HEC may conduct test/interview or both to shortlist candidates. (But according to the timeline, there are very much chances that there will be no test, just interviews). Everyone can apply for it for Masters and Ph.D. No requirement of a faculty member for it
HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2019 Details
Last year, more than 80 Pakistani students are selected for commonwealth scholarship Pakistan 2018 for Masters and Ph.D. in the UK under his scholarship. The nominations are now open by HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2019.
- Country: UK
- Eligible Countries: Eligible Commonwealth Country
- Cost: Fully Funded
- Course Level: Masters, PhD
Commonwealth Scholarship Value
- Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award.
Approved tuition fees.
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,084 per month, or £1,330 per month for those at universities in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2018-2019 levels)
- Warm clothing allowance, where applicable
- Thesis grant towards the cost of preparing a thesis or dissertation, where applicable
- Study travel grant towards the cost of study-related travel within the UK or overseas
- Be a Pakistani/AJ&K national & permanent resident of Pakistan/AJ&K.
- Age must not be more than 30 years for Masters & 35 years for Ph.D. at the time of application
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2019
- For Master Scholarship, candidate by the closing date of application must hold a first-class degree complete in all aspects in graduate qualification (16 years degree i.e. MSC/MA/MBA/BS/BBA etc) in the relevant field of study.
- For Ph.D. Scholarship, candidate by the closing date of application must hold a first-class degree complete in all aspects in postgraduate qualification (17/18 years MS/MPhil degree) in the relevant field of study.
- Not have any third division throughout your academic career and maximum of two-second divisions are allowed but candidate must not have a second division in the terminal/ last degree.
- Must apply under one of the themes as mentioned above and on the CSC website and candidate’s field of study must be in line with future development needs of Pakistan.
- NOT be registered for a Ph.D., or an MPhil leading to a Ph.D., or Masters at a UK university before September/October 2019 or candidate not has studied at the same level in the UK before.
- Be financially unable to afford study in the United Kingdom without this scholarship.
How to Apply for Commonwealth Scholarship
- Apply online at HEC website: http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/loa. After registering and filling your profile, please select “Learning Opportunities Abroad” under “Scholarship and Grant” menu in a left-hand side panel of the online portal. After that, apply online to Commonwealth Scholarship through Electronic Application System (EAS).
- Attach deposit slip of Rs.500/– (in original) deposited through HEC online Account No. 17427900133401 in HBL, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, H-9, Islamabad. All payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online facility. This facility is available in all branches of Habib Bank Ltd.
- All the applications for Masters/ Ph.D. without submitting both EAS Application form and online HEC form will not be entertained in any case.
- Print HEC online submitted an application form and attach Rs 500/- deposit slip, relevant academic documents viz. transcripts, statement of purpose, study/research plan, copies of CNIC along with HEC application form and proof of EAS application form submitted through CSC online system application system along with EAS Number. (One set of documents in Spiral Binding only)
- Commonwealth scholarship forms will be taken from shortlisted candidates only.
Please send your hard copies of applications on or before the deadline 12th December 2018 on the address given below. Learning Opportunities Abroad (LOA) Scholarship Cell, HRD Division, Higher Education Commission, Sector H-8/1, Islamabad. E-mail: [email protected]
- HEC may conduct test/interview or both to shortlist candidates.
- Commonwealth UK does not accept direct applications. All nominations from Pakistan will be routed via HEC.
- HEC endorses equal opportunity; therefore, females are encouraged to apply.
- HEC will shortlist eligible applicants based on selection criteria i.e. highest academic merit, quality of study/research plan, and relevancy of candidate’s selected field with Pakistan’s future development needs, provincial/regional quota and the number of scholarship slots allocated for Pakistani students.
- By-hand applications, incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will NOT be accepted. The recommendation of nominating agency i.e. HEC will be final and binding.
- Please note that HEC has facilitation role in the nomination process, a final selection will be made by the donor country. Further, HEC will have no financial liability regarding this scholarship.
- In case of submitting false information at any stage, HEC reserves the rights to cancel and debar for all future scholarships as well as impose a penalty, as decided by HEC.
- It is the sole responsibility of applicants to ensure that they apply to HEC Online system and EAS Online application form simultaneously before the deadline of 12th December 2018, as applications submitted after the deadline shall NOT be entertained in any case
The last date to apply for HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2019 is 12th December 2018.