The creation of HEC has had a positive impact on higher education and research culture in Pakistan.
- Established the finest Digital Library in Pakistan: Every student in every public sector university today has access to 45,000 textbooks research monographs from 220 international publishers as well as to 25,000 international research journals – regarded as one of the best digital libraries anywhere in the world.
- Tripled University enrollment from 135,000 in the year 2003 to 400,000 in 2008.
- Promoted research, resulting in huge expansion of international research publications from Pakistan from only 600 research papers /yr in 2003 to 4300 research papers in 2008.
- During the 56-year period (1947–2003) not a single Pakistani university could be ranked among the top 600 universities in the world. Today 2 Pakistani universities ranked among top 200 World’s Technology Universities.
- Four year undergraduate program introduced so that our degrees are internationally recognized,Along with a 3 credit hour research based activity and enforcing a minimum attendance <50%
- About 5000 Ph.D. level scholarships awarded for study in technologically advanced countries (largest program in developing world) and some 3,000 indigenous Ph.D. scholarships have been awarded. The world’s largest Fulbright Scholarship program (US $150 million) launched with joint funding (HEC/USAID).
- Fifty one new universities and degree awarding institutes and 18 campuses of existing universities established during (2003–2008).
- Sending 1000 Pakistani students to study medicine in Cuba and doing their best to register their degrees by PMDC and soon will send a delegation of members of PMDC, HEC and MNAs
- Seven Pakistan universities became ranked for the first time among the top 250 universities of Asia according to QS World University Rankings 2013.
- Research output of Pakistan increased by over 50% within two years, which was the second highest increase worldwide. According to Scimago world scientific database, if Pakistan continues at the same pace, its ranking will increase from 43 to 27 globally by 2017. In 2017, a Chinese study published in Scientometrics (journal) revealed that Pakistan’s research growth rate and time required to double the number of publications is superior than that of USA, China and India.
Education Testing Council – hec test
Higher Education Commission has established Education Testing Council (ETC) under which it will hold standardized entry tests from Fall 2017 admissions for public and private universities of Pakistan. The aim of constitution of ETC is to hold uniform, accessible and competitive assessment base for admissions to universities. The test under ETC will be free of cost for the students.
What is HEC test?
HEC Entry Test is the country’s first government testing body established by Higher Education Commission (HEC) viz. Education Testing Council (ETC) will hold standardized tests for admission to universities from fall 2017.
Is Cust recognized by HEC?
All degree programs offered at CUST are recognized by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan (HEC) while its undergraduate Engineering degrees are accredited by the Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC).
How do I attest a document from HEC?
You are required to bring Police FIR and Newspaper advertisement (complete Newspaper is mandatory) ❖ Supplementary Attestation: Please select this option if you want to get copies of your degree attested e.g. degree photocopy, transcripts etc. You must have an attested degree to avail this option.
What is an HEC ?
The Higher Education Commission, is an independent, autonomous, and statutory institution of primary funding, overseeing, regulating, and accrediting the higher education institutions in Pakistan.
I have forgotten my password of HEC account as well as password of e-mail account entered in HEC profile?
Answer: Please send your request for retrieval of password at inf[email protected] along with front & back scanned copies of your CNIC and scan signature as on CNIC. Also, confirm the email address entered in HEC database.
Do the Regional Centers of the HEC at Lahore, Karachi, Peshawar and Quetta attest degrees?
Answer: Yes, the HEC Regional Centers at Lahore, Peshawar, Karachi and Quetta provide full attestation services. For complete information about attestation at regional centers.
Does the HEC seal documents for Foreign Evaluation Agencies e.g WES, ICAS, etc?
Answer: Yes, only the HEC attested documents are sealed on the request of applicant and handed over to the applicant for onward submission to the relevant agency.
How can I fill the form for attestation of Equivalence Certificates issued by HEC?
Answer: Please select relevant country from drop down list that has awarded the degree. Then select name of concerned university. Please write program title as per Equivalence Certificate.
What should I do if I don’t find the nomenclature of my degree program while filling in the online application form?
Answer: If you are unable to find a degree program or a department in education tab; Please use “Search and Add Missing Degree Program” option to search missing degree in your education tab. The option is available in education tab of your profile. Alternatively, the list of focal person is available on HEC website http://hec.gov.pk/english/services/universities/pqr/Pages/HEIs-Focal-Persons.aspx
I have lost my degree attested from HEC. What should I do for the attestation of my duplicate degree?
Answer: Please, provide the original FIR along with the newspaper showing the announcement of lost degree. The duplicate degree/transcript must reflect the word ‘Duplicate’ on the face of original document. The attestation case of Duplicate degree/transcript is processed provided:
1) The degree holder presents documents by him/her-self or through his/her real blood relation nominee.
The degree holder may forward his/her case through TCS (HEC authorized Courier Company).
I have got revised my already attested degree/transcript (from HEC). What should I do for the attestation of revised degree/transcript?
Answer: Applicant has to provide/submit the original HEC Attestation Ticket pasted on the back side of degree/transcript already attested by HEC. Moreover, the revised degree/transcript must reflect the word ‘Revised’ on the face of original document. The attestation case of revised degree/transcript is processed provided that:
-The degree holder presents documents by him/her-self or through his/her real blood relation nominee.
-The degree holder may forward his/her case through TCS (HEC authorized Courier Company)
What documents are required for attestation of degrees/transcripts awarded by the HEC recognized universities and Degree Awarding Institutions?
Answer: Please visit the Attestation web-l ink.
Does HEC attests Matric and Intermediate Certificates?
Answer: No, Matric and Intermediate Certificates (Asnaad) are attested by the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC).
Does HEC attests laminated degrees/transcripts?
Answer: No, the applicants are advised to remove lamination from the degrees/transcripts and then apply for attestation.
Does HEC attests transcripts for incomplete studies?
Answer: Yes, transcripts for incomplete studies signed by the Controller of Exams of the respective university are attested, provided that clearly mentioned.
Is it necessary for the applicant to come in person for attestation?
Answer: No, it is not necessary for the degree holder to come in person. He/she can get degrees attested through authorized person by giving Authority letter or through TCS Courier Service (designated for the purpose).
How much time does HEC take for attestation of documents?
Answer: Degrees/transcripts if presented in person at HEC Islamabad are attested on the same day (on scheduled date). However, it takes 10 working days through designated courier company.
Does HEC attest foreign degrees?
Answer: No, foreign degrees are not attested by the HEC. However, the HEC determines their equivalence and Equivalence letter can be attested, if requested by the applicant.
Does HEC attest “Bonafide Student Certificates” or “To Whom It May Concern” certificates issued by the universities?
Answer: No, “Bonafide Student Certificates” or “To Whom It May Concern” certificates are not attested by the HEC.
How is passport number entered in the online application form?
Answer: Enter only digits part of passport e.g. 783296.
I have wrongly entered my educational details. What should I do for its modification before attestation?
Answer: Applicant can modify/update information by signing-in the HEC attestation profile.
I got objection from embassy regarding attestation of HEC. What should I do?
Answer: Please, personally visit the HEC Islamabad office for Post Attestation Correction along with all Original documents as well as CNIC.
Embassy is asking for re-verification of already attested degree. What should I do?
Answer: HEC online attestation is for life time. So, there is no need for re-verification.